EAA Chapter 856 Main Page
Chapter 856 is based in Flagstaff, Arizona but serves a large portion of the Northern Arizona region. Our growing membership encompasses several aviation projects, including participation with both Flagstaff and Valle airports, sponsoring youths to the EAA Air Academy, an aviation scholarship and plans for a mentoring program for local students.
Schedule of Events
*** THUNDER OVER FLAGSTAFF!! -- at the Flagstaff airport - Saturday, August 27 2016 ***
Event starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 3:00 PM
Thunder over Flagstaff 
- Meeting: Every Second Wednesday at 6:30pm - Flagstaff Airport in the Terminal Meeting Room (upstairs).
EAA Calendar of Events - This link allows you to search for nearby events as well as enter events into the EAA calendar, which is seen by a wide audience.
We didn't really skip events last year. It's just that your web editor was busy with college. Let's begin with an important event this year:
- Bataan Departure - January 14, 2016
- Young Eagles Event at Flagstaff - June 29, 2013
- Winslow Open House \ Winslow Airport - December 10, 2011
- Page Open House \ Page Airport - October 8, 2011
- Thunder Over Coconino \ Valle Airport - August 27, 2011
- Planes of Fame \ Valle Airport2 - June 26, 2011
- Flagstaff Airport 2011 Open House - May 21st, 2011.
- EAA B-17 \ Flagstaff Airport - April 5-6, 2011
Aluminum Overcast on rollout from its latest high-altitude mission at Flagstaff, with the San Francisco Peaks as a backdrop.
- Patrick Kelley's RV-6A
- Patrick Kelley's RV-10
- Jack Keegan's PropJet
- Brad Ransom's RV-6A
- N60468 Jim Jones "Ransuki" Project
- Phil Cobbin's RV-7A
- News from Valle Airport! Below is a link to view photos of John Seibold's PBY restoration. There is a tab on the left on the website that will give links to all the photos! http://www.springbokflyingsafaris.com/sbfs/mod/custompages/Catalina_intro.php
This link will show an April 2009 photo (first photo). http://www.catalina.org.uk/catalina-latest-news/world-catalina-news-jun-2009-a32.html
Our chapter invests in getting youth involved in aviation. Currently our efforts revolve around three areas: